Easter is just around the corner and in Greece the common thing to eat on Easter Sunday is roasted lamb either in the bbq or indoors, using the classic electric oven. If you not aware of this traditional dish of Greece and you like lamb or goat meat you should definately try it!
1 piece of lamb (2-3 kg) ( I prefer any of the following leg, shoulder, rack and top of the shoulder)
1-1,5 kg potatoes, (cut into 1-2 cm chunks)
4-5 garlic cloves ( cut into halves)
60 ml freshly squizzed lemon juice
50- 60 ml virgin olive oil
dry oregano or thyme (to taste)
freshly ground pepper
- Start preheating the oven to 180 C.
- Dig small holes into the lamb’s meat and insert the garlic pieces.
- Rub the piece of lamb with the oregano, salt and pepper.
- Place the lamb in a large roasting tin and add the potatoes. Sprikle them with lemon juice and olive oil and bake it in the oven for 3 hours approximately.
- The lamb is ready when the meat starts to fall apart from the bones and the skin looks golden brown and crispy.
- The best way to eat the lamb crackling is with freshly baked bread.