Autumn and winter are my favourite seasons! First of all, winter has Christmas in it, and belive me no one is more happy than me during xmas time, not even my 4 year old son! 😛 I, also, enjoy so much all these cozy moments on the couch reading my favourite book or watching myt favourite TV show! I also love vegetable soups, pumpkins and hot cocoas!
I will give my ultimate recipe for a super easy and tasty pumpkin soup that has a small amount of one of my favourite cheeses, halloumi! The addition of halloumi gives the soup a more hearty dimension, it becomes definetely more comforting than a plain pumpkin soup! If you are vegan or you are lactose intolerant just omit tha cheese or add some vegan white cheese and a pinch of dry mint and you will get almost the same taste!
- 1 kg pumpkin,peeled deseeded and chopped
- 1 medium white potato, cut in cubes
- 1 onion, diced
- 1 garlic clove
- 1 spring onion finelly cut
- 150 gr halloumi cheese, coarsely grated
- 30 gr olive oil
- 1 lt vegetable stock
- salt and pepper
- Heat tha olive oil in a deep saucepan and sautee both onion and garlic.
- Add the potato and the pumpkin chuncks and stir them for about 5 minutes.
- Add the spring onion and the vegetable stock along with some salt and pepper. Boil in medium heat for 20 minutes, ebnsuring that both potato and pumpkin are cooked.
- Remove from the heat and carefully transfer all the boiled vegetables in a food processor. Do not throw the vegetable stock!!!
- Pulse the vegeatables 3-4 times until you get a vegetable puree. If the vegatables are dense in consistency just add some of the boiled stock and transfer it in the saucepan.
- Add a handfull of halloumi cheese and serve hot with a full tablespoon of grated halloumi on top and some extra freshly grated pepper!