300 gr fresh butter in room temperature
100 gr roasted almonds crushed (unsalted)
100 gr icing sugar
1/2 teaspoon baking powder
1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
30 ml black rum
600 gr all purpose flour
500 gr icing sugar to roll them
- Put in the mixer bowl butter and sugar and mix well for at least 15 minutes. The butter should be fluffy in order to succeed!
- Add gradually flour, crushed almonds, vanilla and baking powder and last the rum. Continue to mix for at east 10 minutes.
- Take a small amount of dough and form small balls (3 mm diameter) and place them on a baking tray coated with parchment paper.
- Bake in a preheated oven for 15-20 minutes.
- When they are ready, let them cool and roll them in icing sugar.
-If you cannot find the traditional melted sheep’ butter, use Lurpak, ice cold, cut in small cubes.
-The dough will be very fluffy and sticky and it will be difficult to form the cookies. The best thing to do is to divide the dough in three equal parts and while you form the first batch place the other two in the frigde.
– Coat the kourampiedes in icing sugar after two or three hours, when they are cold enough.